Thursday, February 24, 2011

Etiquette Schmetiquette

I don't understand why people do not send thank you notes anymore.  I know I sound very old fashioned saying that.  Now don't get me wrong, I understand that sending out a thank you note for every.little.thing. would become extremely obnoxious and tedious.  I mean, sending out thank you notes for the big stuff.


Like for the gifts you receive when you get married.


Or when someone goes out of their way to do something nice for you.


I have girlfriends that have been married for months and even years and still have not sent out their thank you notes.  I just don't get it.


Also, how come no one RSVP's anymore?  Seriously, the card has a stamp on it already, more than likely is already addressed with the name and address of the person it needs to be returned to and yet people do not send them back.  People have spend their hard earned money to buy those stamps, dangit use them!


Now, I understand that if a friend throws you a party or something that maybe not everyone knows your friend, but at least let SOMEONE know you are either coming or not coming.


So, the point of my ramblings and such?  If someone sends you an RSVP, please send it back.  It saves a lot of OMG stress.  Besides, we LOVE getting them in the mail, it's fun! ;0)

0 comments:

Post a Comment