Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Operation Declutter # 1

So one of my New Year's Resolutions this year was to get better organized.  So far, it's a work in progress.  A very slow work in progress.


I have a confession: I am a coupon clipper.  I am that obnoxious person that everyone dreads to be standing behind in line at the checkout in the grocery store.  I love saving money.  I've been carrying around a little book that I had purchased from Hobby Lobby that was like a miniature accordion file with a little note pad stuck to one side of it.  Let me tell you, going to the grocery store with that thing was a complete nightmare.


I could never seem to get the coupons organized in that thing.  It always took me three times as long to go grocery shopping because I could never find the coupon I was looking for.


Well.  That was all about to change.  Last weekend a friend of mine posted a Facebook comment stating that she has a coupon BINDER.  An entire binder dedicated to nothing but coupons with dividers and everything.


O.M.G.  My prayers had been answered.  I couldn't wait to try this out so I immediately headed over to Staples to see about purchasing a new binder for my coupons.


I ended up buying a small purple binder with write on tabs.  I labeled the tabs by sections as follows:


Dairy
Meat
Produce
Breakfast
Beverages
Canned Goods
Grains
Sides
Condiments
Snacks
Frozen Foods
Medication
Paper/Plastic
Personal Hygeine
Cleaning Supplies
Pets
Home Goods (Air Freshner, etc)
Miscellaneous


Jennifer also suggested adding store specific tabs which will hold those coupons you get when you checkout.


I added:
Krogers
Target
Walgreens
Bed Bath and Beyond


I will say, this new binder made grocery shopping with coupons sooooooooooo much easier and faster.


Here is what mine looks like:
 This binder has saved me so much time!


I use the inside pocket of the binder to hold my grocery list so that it stays put until I go to the grocery store.


No more 3 hour trips to the grocery store yay!!  Thank you Jennifer!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment